Finger foods and football: two structures on which America was built.
The biggest game of the year is quickly approaching, and we’re bringing football fans everywhere the tastiest homemade snack recipes brought to you by the Auntie Anne’s Homemade Baking Mix.
Our two favorite GameDay recipes are going head-to-head to keep you happily munching from kick-off, to Katy Perry’s half-time show, to the final touchdown celebration. Which homemade goodie will walk away with its head held high?
Defending Champs: Buffalo Chicken Roll Ups
Buffalo Chicken has taken the world by storm. EVERYONE loves a good chicken snack with gooey cheese and a little bit of kick!
- Auntie Anne’s© Homemade Baking Mix
- 2 – 12.5 oz. cans of chicken
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 2-5 tablespoons hot sauce (depending on spice level preference)
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 stick of melted butter (optional)
- Nonstick spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Drain cans of chicken and place chicken into medium bowl.
- Stir in softened cream cheese.
- Add hot sauce, blue cheese and cheddar cheese and blend well with a spoon.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray. Spray an area of the counter with nonstick spray and turn the risen dough out onto that portion of the counter.
- Split dough in half and keep one half covered with the plastic wrap.
- Roll dough 4” wide by 15” long. Gently mark dough in the middle length-wise. Spread half the chicken mixture onto half the dough.
- Starting with the chicken side of the dough, tightly roll and seal the seam by pinching closed. Slice the roll with a pizza cutter every 1½”. Place roll ups on baking sheet with seam down.
- With the remaining dough, repeat Steps 3-4.
- Bake in preheated oven 10-12 minutes until dough is golden brown. Remove from oven and brush the tops with melted butter (optional). NOTE: Internal (core) temperature of the fully baked Buffalo Chicken Roll Ups should meet or exceed 165°F.
The Underdog: Jalapeño Pretzel Poppers
These spicy nuggets of creamy goodness line up to tackle your tastebuds.
- Auntie Anne’s® Homemade Baking Mix
- 1 – 8 oz. box softened cream cheese
- 1 jar jalapeños (sliced or chopped)
- 6 slices ready-cooked bacon
- 3 cloves freshly pressed garlic
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Yields: 20 Jalapeño Pretzel Poppers.
- Follow directions included with the baking kit through Step 1 of the TWIST section.
- During the dough-resting phase, drain and chop jalapeños and add to softened cream cheese. Chop bacon slices and add to cream cheese mixture. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, dissolve the baking soda packet in 4 cups very hot tap water and stir until almost completely dissolved.
- Cut off a two-tablespoon sized piece of dough and roll into a ball. Flatten ball on flat surface (no spray or flour) with bottom of a glass to form a 2” circle.
- Place 1 rounded teaspoon of cream cheese mixture onto dough circle and pull up all sides to form a sack. Twist top of sack to pinch dough and trim off excess top with a knife.
- Dip the filled dough sacks in baking soda mixture and drain on paper towel. Top with a pinch of chopped fresh garlic and place on sprayed baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough. Bake 1 tray at a time, on center rack of preheated oven for 5 minutes. Turn and bake an additional 2 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Which baking mix recipe got your GameDay celebration going? Comment below!
Posted by: Ally McClure, Communications